Triveni u-Design Contest Awards Best Student Ethnic-wear Designers
“Triveni u-Design Contest” – a design contest by Triveni for budding designers and stylists from fashion schools worldwide, has had an amazing turnout of extremely talented design and styling students from all over the globe.
The contest has seen 16 entries – nationally and internationally – that have kept with the theme of designing Indian Ethnic wear and fusion ethnic wear with western elements. The contest ended on the 26th of December with over 2500 votes being recorded on the official polling page of TriveniEthnics.com.
“In its inaugural year, u-Design is aimed at promoting Indian ethnic wear design & innovation amongst design students in India & the World. We like to keep ourselves rigourously engaged with the student community and like to involve their ideas in our work process as well,” describes Arvind Saraf, Director, Triveni Jury member Meher Castelino, Senior Fashion Journalist & Miss India 1964 and Jury member for u-Design said, “u-Design is an interesting platform – different in focusing on Indian ethnic wear, social voting & participation and worldwide focus.
- Over time, hopefully it’ll see greater participation of top design schools worldwide to bring more variety & innovation in the submissions.”
The winners of the competition are as follows, Best Ethnic collection: Saista Munauwar, Most Innovative collection: Vallari Kaushik, Special Mention 1: Saayna Nagpal and Special Mention 2: Siddhant S Sharma. The winner’s received cash prices and a chance to work with Triveni’s design team on a design collection.
- Saista Munauwar winner of Best Ethnic Collection said, “Triveni has put forward a helping hand for ethnic wear and it sounds great to hear that it is organising contests to highlight the designers interested in ethnic wear. I would really like to engage in the designing team of Triveni and help in the development of the organisation by putting in my talent and creativity.”
- Sushil Raturi, Associate Professor, Head Industry Linkage Unit of NIFT Delhi about Triveni’s projects said, “Triveni’s campus activities like the u-Design contest, Ambassador Program, Live projects & Internships offer a great way for students to showcase their talent & get industry exposure.”
- On this occasion, Prof Joan McKenna, Associate Professor at Fashion Department, San Diego Continuing Education, added, “I love other cultures, and our students were fascinated by fabrics & designs of 2 of our student participants. Many of our students were seeing such fabrics for the first time – and it was a learning for others, along with the participants”.
- About U-design contest
The contest consists of a preliminary round where candidates are filtered through, based on their submitted portfolios and designs. Triveni will then send the chosen candidates all the material they will need for the creation of their new designs.
- After that, the designers are given a time period to put their designs to fruition where the end product will be evaluated by a jury of imminent fashion personalities consisting of Digvijay Singh, Meher Castelino and Shruti Sancheti. The results are based on the number of social media response of each of the candidates’ posters as well as the accumulated points awarded by the jury.
- About Triveni
Triveni is a 29 year old maker of Sarees and Indian Ethnic wear. Based on the solid foundation built by its Sakambari Silks Mills, Triveni has spanned to global proportions with the advent of its online store – TriveniEthnics.com.
- Triveni currently has over 80 wholesale counters all over India with listings in all major online retailers as well.