TN Govt issues guidelines to schools for students safety
Concerned over incidents of school children being kidnapped and facing various threats, the education department has issued a series of guidelines to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
- In a circular to the schools, Director of Elementary School Education R Elangovan has advised the school heads to call the parents and advice them to send their children to groups.
- The students should also be asked not to travel on the footboard of buses and trains and avoid traveling in overloaded auto-rickshaws.
- On hygiene front, the director said that class teachers should create awareness among the students on the way to protect themselves against vector borne diseases including dengue and chicken gunya.
- Electrical appliances in the school should be kept out of the reach of the children. Discipline among the students should be given priority and cultivated.
- The schools should also ensure sufficient physical exercise for the students in the form yoga among others and the monitor them, the circular said.