Please pay attention to upload good quality photograph. Poor quality of photographs submitted will lead to rejection of your GATE application, without any refund of the application fees. The GATE Score card will be printed with the photograph you submit.
- The photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio. Photograph taken using a Mobile phone and other self-composed portraits are NOT acceptable.
- Photograph must be taken in a White or a very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1st July 2014.
- In the photograph, the height of the face (between chin and the top of the forehead) should occupy about 50% of the height of the photograph.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. The photograph must show full frontal view with both ears being visible and eyes open.
- If you normally wear spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- You must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
- Ask your photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print (Width X Height).
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 x 640 (.03 Mega Pixel) (Ask your studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- File size should be between 5KB and 100KB.
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 x 320.
For your own benefit it may be prudent not to intentionally change your facial features or hair style as in the photograph until the day of the exam.
|Not Acceptable Photograph||Reason for Rejection||Acceptable Photograph|
|Photo taken with Mobile phone; Distorted face|
|Facial Area is less than 50% of total|
|Not looking straight|
|Covering facial features|
|Shadow on face|
|Improper flash or Improper Lighting|
|Too much glare on spectacles|
|Dark/Tinted Spectacles or Sunglasses|
|Poor Digital Resolution|