Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology B.Tech./M.Tech. Admission 2017
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, B.Tech./M.Tech. Admission 2017
Programmes Offered :
- 4-Year B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)
- 4-Year B.Tech. (Avionics)
- 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)
- The 5-year Dual Degree programme leads to B.Tech. degree in Engineering Physics and any of the following Post-Graduate degree specializations:
(i) M.S. (Astronomy & Astrophysics)
(ii) M.S. (Earth System Science)
(iii) M.S. (Solid State Physics)
(iv) M.Tech. (Optical Engineering)
(There is no exit option at the end of four years).
Seat Matrix :
|B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)||60|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. + M.S./M.Tech.)||20|
Seat Reservation :
Candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved based on relaxed criteria as per applicable rules of the Government of India. The categories included are
- Scheduled Castes (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5%
- Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) – 27%
- Persons with Disabilities (PD) – 3% (Horizontal Reservation)
B.Tech. – Eligibility for Admissions :
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to B.Tech. Programmes in IIST.
- Citizenship –
Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
- Date of Birth –
Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1992. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1987. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
- Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent) –
Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (orequivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PDcandidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered forcalculating the aggregate marks criterion.
- A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then thelanguage with the higher marks will be considered)
- Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest markswill be considered)
- The qualifying examination should be any of the following :
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
- Marks scored in JEE (Advanced)-2017 Examination –
Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech. Programmes in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2017 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2017 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2017 as given below
- General Candidates (GEN):
At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- Other Backward Community :
Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) & Persons with Disabilities(PD) Candidates :
At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
- General Candidates (GEN):
Registration Online :
IIST Admission Rank list will be generated only for those candidates who register online for admission to IIST and satisfy all the eligibility criteria. Please note that IIST Admission Rank list will be prepared based on their JEE(Advanced)-2017 All-India Rank(including category rank). The IIST admission web portal for online registration will be open from 22nd May, up to 12th June 2017.
Counselling for Admission :
The IIST Admission counselling will be conducted during the fourth week of June 2017.
Selection Procedure :
The IIST admission list will be prepared on the basis of All India Rank (including category rank) of the candidates in JEE Advanced 2017.
Important Schedule :
- Registration Process : May 22
- Last Date to Apply : June 12
- Counselling : 4th week of June 2017