IIEST Shibpur Admission to Ph.D. Programme 2017
IIEST Shibpur Admission to Ph.D. Programme 2017
- Post Graduate Degree in basic Science with NET/GATE/SLET qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET/GATE/SLET qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Courses.Minimum marks required in the qualifying degree examination is 60% or equivalent CGPA.
[Note : i) Graduate Degree holder in professional course may apply in exceptional cases and required to take more courses to fulfill the prerequisite as per our regulations. ii) For candidates other than post graduate in professional courses NET/GATE/SLET is a must for getting the scholarship]
- Matching specialization in the Master degree as per the broad area of research as specified by the department/school/center is desired.
- For Institute scholarship : 32 years as on 1 July 2017.
- No age bar for the candidates who wants to pursue the Ph.D. programme without any scholarship as self sponsored candidate. They will not have any claim to institute scholarship.
- [Note : For SC/ST/PwD and women candidates an overall minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent in the Grade point system) and an age relaxation up to 5 years are applicable]
Reservation for SC/ST : As per rules
- Above eligibility is the minimum requirement only. Good academic career and higher qualification is preferredand mere eligibility does not ensure a call for admission test and/or Interview. A screening of applications willbe made to prepare a short list of candidates who will be called for admission test and/or Interview. Further screening will be done after the admission test to select the candidates for the interview.
Application (Fees etc.)
- An applicant may make separate applications (with separate draft for each application) to more than one unit if he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for that unit.
- Applicants need to pay Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for the SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates) by demand draft/pay order addressed to “REGISTRAR, IIEST, Shibpur” and payable at Kolkata.
- The draft (details given by the candidate in the application form) along with the copy of the completed application form together will be treated as admit card and the draft(s) would be collected from the candidates during the test.
- A common admission test for all candidates.
- Candidates applied for multiple units (dept./centre/school) need be appear in the common test and hand over all the drafts.
- 1½ hr MCQ type with two and a half marks for each correct answer and minus half marks for each wrong answer.
- Question will be based on Secondary+ level Arithmetic, logical reasoning and English.
- There will be separate interviews in the unit level and candidates clearing the common test could appear multiple interviews if he/she has applied for those units.
- Interview will be held in the respective Department/School//Centers and interaction would be based on the general and broad area of research interest of the aspirants.
LAST DATE OF APPLICATION : 25 May 2017
(Dates may change : Consult for latest information under the current admission section for the Ph.D. programme)
- On-line Application starts : 11 May 2017
- Notification of Shortlisted Candidates for Test : June 2017 (in the notice board of the respective Unit/website)
- Date & Time of the TEST : Friday, 9 June 2017 (12:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.)
Venue of the TEST : (To be notified)
- Notification of Shortlisted Candidates after test for interview : 16 June 2017 5:30 P.M. (in the Notice board of the respective unit /Website)
- Date & Time of Interview : 21 to 23 June 2017. 10:00 A.M. onwards in the respective unit.
- Date & Time of Publication of the result : Publication of the result in the notice board of the respective unit and onthe website – 5:30 P.M. on 25 June 2017.
- Admission cum enrollment :
26 to 29 June 2017 from 11:00 A.M. onwards.
(verification of the of the original documents (Office of the Dean (academic)) followed by payment of fee (UCO Bank, BESU Barnch) and enrollment(Office of the Dean (academic))
Note: Vacant seats after admission will be filled-in from the wait-listed candidates. Date of publication to fill-in the vacant seats is 4 July 2017. The date of admission for such candidates is 6 July 2017.
Documents for admission
- Candidates selected for admission/enrollment (26 to 29 June, 2017) must come prepared with all original certificates for verification of documents. They are also supposed to submit the photocopies of all their certificates, two passport size photographs and certificate for the blood group. The programme starts on 17 July 2017.
Verification CHECKLIST for admission
- The candidates are supposed to show the original mark-sheets and certificates and submit the copies of the following-
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.A. mark-sheet (Appropriate Master Degree Mark-sheet/certificate) or B.E. / B.Tech. certificate (as the case may be)
- GATE/NET/SLET Score card/Selection letter; if applicable
- Proof of date of birth.
- Community certificate (SC/ST) from a competent authority; if any
- PWD certificate from the competent authority
- Migration Certificate (in original)