Filling in Application Online | GATE 2015
Filling in Application Online
- GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) can be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2015 Organizing Institute.
- Registration: You must first register yourself, by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. Choose the email id that you check frequently, as all communications to you from the GATE Offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE ANYBODY ELSE’S e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- GOAPS Password: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS during the Enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. Choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should NOT be your name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc.), so as to ensure that the data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. Length of the password should be 8 -15 characters.
- GOAPS Enrolment ID: Upon registration, an email and SMS containing your GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2015 related communications/website operations.
- Data Requirement for Application Filling: Before you login to GOAPS using Enrolment ID and Password, keep the following information ready:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college)
- GATE paper, choice of GATE Examination Cities
- High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Photograph Requirements
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Signature Specifications.
- Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format only
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate in pdf format only (if applicable)
- Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall.
- Your Netbanking login and password to make the application fee payment via online net banking mode. In case you are making the payment through debit card/credit card have the following information like debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number ready with you.
- Application Filling: Fill in the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage if you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo and signature and Certificate from Principal (duly signed and stamped by the Principal) . Check the correctness of the photo and signature that are uploaded. If you are not satisfied, you may upload them again.
- You will have to select the payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
- The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
- Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “ Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors.
- Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you.
- Problems in Login into GOAPS –This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the Enrolment ID or did not receive the Enrolment ID. Visit the “Problems in Login into GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
- In case of forgotten Enrolment ID or non-receipt of Enrolment ID via email, candidate must provide Mobile Number and the GOAPS Password. The Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS.
- In case of forgotten password, candidate must provide Mobile Number and Enrolment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the candidate via SMS/email.
In case of forgotten both Enrolment ID and as well as password or payment has not been made, the candidate must re-enroll. If thepayment has been made,then the candidate must contact the Zonal GATE Office.