FDDI Initiative for Skill Development and Make In India
December 2014: The Convocation ceremony held today is another landmark day in the history of FDDI especially for the 841 students of all the batches from the year 2012 to 2014 of FDDI School of Footwear, Design & Production Management (FSFDPM), FDDI School of Retail Management (FSRM) and FDDI School of Leather Goods and Accessories Design (FSLGAD).
Also present on this occasion were Secretary DIPP, Chairman, FDDI, Rajeev Lakhera (IRS) Managing Director FDDI and Ajay Kumar Singh(IRS) Secretary FDDI.
On the occasion students also displayed a wide range of products crafted by themselves in the campus with a them of India showing the culture and couture of various states.
The convocation ceremony ended with a fashion show where students walked the ramp showcasing the perfect combination of craftsmanship and their skill on leather.
In addition to the above The Footwear Design & Development Institute (FDDI), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, bridging the skill gap of the Footwear, Leather, Fashion, Retail & Management Sector, has established its footprints worldwide.
Achieved the top position in the “All India Best B- School Survey” conducted by the leading ‘Business & Management Chronicle’ magazine;
Rated No. 1 institute by CSR- GHRDC B-School in India’ in Footwear Retail Management.
The Institute has Pan-India presence with eight well designed campuses at Noida, Fursatganj, Chennai, Kolkata, Chhindwara, Rohtak, Jodhpur and Guna. Four new campuses of FDDI are coming up next year at Patna, Hyderabad, Gujarat and Punjab.
FDDI has made a landmark achievement in ‘Skill Development’ by training 2,00,503 unemployed youth and providing employment to 1,61,773 through its 55 Operator Training Centers (OTC’s) established across the country.
- Expanded its training capacity from mere 184 in the year 2005 to 3400 in the academic year 2014-15 which is to be further increased to 10,000 by the year 2018-19 for high end designers, productions managers etc.;
- Consistent Revenue Growth since last 5-6 years. Overall 16 fold growth from Rs. 3.19 Cr. in 2004-05 to 50.83 Cr. in 2013-14. Revenue target of Rs. 100 Cr. to be achieved in next few years.
- FDDI has trained 2,00,503 unemployed youths and provided employment to 1,61,773 under the Placement Linked Skill Development Programme (PLSDP) in the various footwear companies all over India.
The FICCI LeapVault Skills Champion of India has also been awarded to FDDI by Hon’ble Union Minister for Human Resource Development in recognition of the extraordinary contribution to skills development of the youth of India
- More than 55 operator training centers setup all over India & since June 2014 capacity to train & place 12000 fresh & unemployed workers developed under skill development initiative. Target to train 1 million in next few years.
- FDDI trained more than 4000 artisans under the ‘Support to Artisans’ programme;
- FDDI witnesses 100% placement for all its pass outs in major Multinational and Indian companies every year;
- Undertaken International consultancy in Ethiopia, Botswana, South Africa and other neighboring countries like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Vietnam.
Major achievements in the field of R & D:
- Development of Safety Shoes for the Indian Navy;
- Development of boot ankle leather derby type direct moulded PU midsole & moulded TPU sole for Delhi Police;
- Development of Marching Boots for Delhi Police;
- Has collaborations with leading international institutions such as LDT, Nagold-Germany, ARS Sutoria-Italy, University of Pirmasens & PFI-Germany, Thomas Bata University, Czech Republic; COEL, Bangladesh; SATRA, UK etc.
For further information, visitclick here