Due to the shortage of evaluators, Bangalore University would delay the announcement of undergraduate courses of odd semester results.
As per the notification, BU has to announce the UG results on December 18, 2014, but due to the lack of evaluators the results have been delayed.
University has sent a notification to all the affiliated colleges to send evaluators for evaluation.
- A total of 3,180 evaluators is evaluating 13,50,500 answer scripts of all subjects. Around 3 lakh students had appeared for the UG examinations. It requires 4,500 evaluators to evaluate the answer scripts and results would be declared as per the deadline.
- As per the reports, for English subject only 250 evaluators are evaluating the papers. More than 3 lakh answer scripts are there only for English subject. It requires a minimum of 600 evaluators.
- The University officials said that English and Commerce are the primary subjects have a number of answer scripts.
- The Vice-Chancellor of BU, Dr B Thimme Gowda said, “We will first issue notices to those colleges and if the explanation given by the colleges is not satisfactory, (we) will not declare the results.” The results of the undergraduate examinations (odd semesters) concluded on December 3 for over 350 (private) colleges affiliated to the university.
- Prof Ninge Gowda, Registrar (Evaluation) of BU, said, “Our intention is not to create problems for students.”
For further information, visitclick here